Data Scientist – Chemoinformatics
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At BioSymetrics, our mission is to develop leading Machine Learning technology to serve customers and corporate partners in healthcare, life sciences, biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, and precision medicine industries. Our team, which has grown steadily since our founding in 2016, is based in New York, Boston, and Toronto. Our solutions and services are focused on the analytics of complex biomedical data, and the development of platform technologies for advanced, large-scale predictive analytics.
Our company is made up of talented people who believe in teamwork and making a difference. Since our founding, we have developed and launched Augusta™, which is a machine learning and predictive modeling platform for massive and complex data in biomedicine. We have deployed this technology with clients in healthcare, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology sectors.
Opportunity: We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Toronto team, focusing specifically on Chemoinformatics.
Qualifications and Skills
- Expert knowledge of Chemoinformatics tools (e.g. RDKit, OpenBabel, Pipeline Pilot), specifically relating to structure-activity relationship prediction or the use of generative models to create novel chemical matter
- PhD degree preferred
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of analytics and machine learning
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience in dealing with high dimensional data (e.g. data fusion, feature transformation, feature selection)
- Experience with the software development life cycle a plus
- Proven collaborative skills in a diverse team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can participate in occasional travel (primarily Boston, New York, & San Francisco)
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem-solving, and analytic skills
We invite you to join us in building our company, and team. We offer great perks and benefits for our staff, including:
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Engaging and productive team culture
- Focused, collegial, and talented co-workers
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com