Infrastructure DevOps & QA Testing Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At BioSymetrics, our mission is to develop leading Machine Learning technology to serve customers and corporate partners in healthcare, life sciences, biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, and precision medicine industries. Our team, which has grown steadily since our founding in 2016, is based in New York, Boston, and Toronto. Our solutions and services are focused on the analytics of complex biomedical data, and the development of platform technologies for advanced, large-scale predictive analytics.
Our company is made up of talented people who believe in teamwork and making a difference. Since our founding, we have developed and launched Augusta™, which is a machine learning and predictive modeling platform for massive and complex data in biomedicine. We have deployed this technology with clients in healthcare, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology sectors.
We are looking for a self-motivated Infrastructure DevOps Engineer to join their team. This position includes both Infrastructure Operations as well as Quality assurance testing and code review.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who can adapt to changing technologies and who can:
- Oversee the day-to-day health of critical operational systems
- Proactively monitor and maintain platforms to ensure peak performance and availability
- Participate in application & infrastructure design discussions
- Engage with Product teams to understand requirements and help deliver solutions
- Work with internal Data Scientists & Developers, and directly with customers to assist with issue resolution
- Help plan and develop testing strategies, including the selection of automated testing tools using industry best practices. (note: Enhancement of the test strategy is a short- to mid-term project that this role is expected to strongly contribute to. While it is a dual DevOps/QA role, we anticipate the focus of the first 6 months being more heavily QA, and more DevOps thereafter).
- Other qualifications:
- Knowledge of tools and approaches for managing infrastructure, such as Terraform, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, or others
- Experience with cloud platforms / Platform as a Service (PaaS) environments
- Data manipulation, advanced queries
- Experience in Python, Spark, and Java a plus
- Experience administering services on AWS, Azure, or other cloud providers
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable, distributed applications
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision, and take ownership of problems and follow them through to completion
- Write Test Cases, Execute Test Cases, Log Defects
- Must have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
We invite you to join us in building our company and team. We offer great perks and benefits for our staff, including:
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Engaging and productive team culture
- Focused, collegial, and talented co-workers
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org